Geisinger Health System, a healthcare system with locations throughout Pennsylvania, is encouraging patient engagement through the development of online and offline opportunities.
The MyGeisinger mobile app for Android and Apple devices allows its users to view:
- Online medical records, including lab and test results, doctor notes, and their health summary
- Their account balances, plus gives them the ability to pay online
- Health-related app recommendations
- Health-related educational resources
- Community events
Geisinger community events range from yoga classes on campus, fresh market produce brought on-site for purchase, to various support groups for diseases or traumas. These events get patients engaged offline and connected to the Geisinger community as a whole.
The app also allows patients to communicate to their doctor’s office for:
- Prescription renewals
- Appointment requests
- Medical advice for non-urgent questions or concerns
The Geisinger mission and vision speaks true to their current initiatives.
It is our mission to enhance quality of life through an integrated health service organization based on a balanced program of patient care, education, research and community service.
Geisinger Clinical Enterprise and Geisinger Health Plan are working together to promote four key strategic priorities:
- Quality: Our commitment to quality will continue to drive patient-care decisions.
- Innovation: We are committed to ensuring that Geisinger remains at the leading edge of advances in patient care, research, education, technology and business.
- Market Leadership: Our ability to expand into new markets is based on the exportation of Geisinger quality and the capitalization of clinical enterprise and the Geisinger Health Plan.
- The Geisinger Family: Our heritage of excellence and tradition of service is dependent upon the personal and professional well-being of our employees.
Geisinger Health System’s app is just one example of how healthcare systems can go a step beyond the expected to engage their patients. Having a patient portal is one tactic; giving that portal an easy-to-access mobile experience elevates it and makes it even easier for your patients to stay engaged with their health.